Anyone who prescribes meditation, coffee and wine deserves attention.
Yesterday’s Times has an interview with Chris Bailey on his new book, Hyperfocus: How to Work Less and Achieve More.
Our inability to focus, because of our digital aids to productivity, is the bane of our times.
In a fascinating article, Bailey prescribes:
- Set yourself no more than three daily tasks
- Do a phone swap
- Set an hourly awareness alarm
- Switch environments when you need to
- Ditch brain training apps for meditation
- Buy a cheap alarm clock
- Save your first coffee for work
- Play a song on repeat
- Take a mindful shower
- Have a glass of wine
It’s definitely worth a read and some consideration. Over a glass of wine.