I came across this and can relate to it. I’m sure many sovereign professionals can.
Freelancer Leif Pettersen looks at the pros and cons of our wonderful lifestyle:
- Do you have a saintly, bread-winning spouse to help fill income gaps?
- Are you free of dependents, expensive hobbies and vanity possessions, including pets larger than goldfish?
- Are you cool with handling most of if not all of your own accounting, project management and the godawful networking?
- Does your ability to manage anxiety equal that of a discount shark dentist?
- How long can you go between checks without completely unraveling, abandoning your gig and getting a job at the local pizza joint? More than six weeks?
If you answered yes to at least two of these five questions, I’m liking your chances.