I came across this and can relate to it. I’m sure many sovereign professionals can.
Freelancer Leif Pettersen looks at the pros and cons of our wonderful lifestyle:
- Do you have a saintly, bread-winning spouse to help fill income gaps?
- Are you free of dependents, expensive hobbies and vanity possessions, including pets larger than goldfish?
- Are you cool with handling most of if not all of your own accounting, project management and the godawful networking?
- Does your ability to manage anxiety equal that of a discount shark dentist?
- How long can you go between checks without completely unraveling, abandoning your gig and getting a job at the local pizza joint? More than six weeks?
If you answered yes to at least two of these five questions, I’m liking your chances.
Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash